Friday, August 21, 2009

Summer Fridays


Hello again. It has been way too long. I have yet to get the hang of this blog thing, but I am going to give it another chance and attempt to make more frequent posts.

Anyways, the summer is flying by and we are fast approaching the day that marks the start of a new year, well at least in the NYC world of business. In many ways Labor Day marks the end of Summer and beginning of Fall. The people who spend their time at the Hamptons will start spending more time in the City. The kids will start joining us on the bus in the morning down 5th Avenue and the lunch cafes in mid-town will start to get very crowded. Not a whole lot will change for me personally, except the wonderful experience of Summer Fridays.

At my office, Summer Friday mean half days, long lunches, no fire drill presentations to complete, no Partners . . . you get the idea! It means we can take off early for our weekends and Thursdays become our Fridays! I especially enjoy Summer Fridays because I don't mind being in the office and catching up on work, but I love the prospect of checking out early with absolutely nothing to do. I even love the frustration of figuring out what to do when I am walking home. Should I go home? Go shopping? Treat myself to a manicure? My husband also has Fridays off from school so our summer weekends always start early.

So for me, Labor Day marks the end of Summer Fridays. And not to be too negative but soon I will leave the office on Fridays and the sun will have already set, tourists will pack 5th Avenue and the air will get too chilly to just wander home.

But for now I have to figure out what I am doing Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment