Sunday, March 29, 2009

Saturday Central Park Green Team

Yesterday was a wonderful Saturday because Paul and I spent our morning outside in Central Park. The weather was clear and sunny, and cool enough to wear a light jacket. We made our way to 69th & 5th to begin some volunteer time with the "Green Team". The Green Team is a volunteer group responsible for various yard work projects in CP throughout the year. Our three hours were spent mulching and sweeping gutters - both very important tasks to complete in the month of March and April. The time flew by, but I was exhausted from all the physical activity. To be honest I typically avoid yard work, but volunteering in Central Park will be my exception! If you are interested in getting involved, I highly recommend the Green Team!  
Check it out: www.centralparknyc.org

No comments:

Post a Comment